Magnus has developed the low mount mechanical fuel pump for Evo, and all RWD 4G63 powered vehicles.
Because of our pioneering efforts in methanol fuelling for 4G63’s, we found that Electric pumps were not only noisy and taxing on the cars charging system, but reliability was not the same as with a mechanical setup, not to mention that multiple pumps had to be run to provide the proper fuel flow.
Benefits of the mechanical fuel pump drive are:
- Increased fuel flow – 1 mechanical pump is all that is needed for 2000hp+
- Safety – in case of motor failure or fire, engine driven pump no longer turns, fuel supply is shut off with engine kill
- Superior Reliability – no electrical connection or relays to fail
- Reduced weight – weighs in at less than 1/4 of comparable electric pumps
Designed for use with the Aeromotive Mechanical fuel pumps, this set up can fuel any power levels, and do it reliably. Can be used with alcohol or gasoline.
Aeromotive Billet mechanical pump:
– Supports 3,500+hp on gasoline
– 1800hp on methanol
Aeromotive Atomic pump also available for higher HP builds.
King’s Performance runs the Magnus Lower Mechanical Fuel Pump Kit
Part Number: MMCFUL1060